Ovoko is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in Lithuania. We represent 2000+ scrapyard owners, car parts sellers and auto dismantlers, offering them an efficient and convenient way to serve an international audience. In our mission to make the internet a better place for the automotive aftermarket, we actively search for new ways to elevate the online experience for our partners and customers alike. This attitude drives a growing demand for talented and ambitious professionals who would help us tackle every new challenge with confidence.
We are looking for a PHP Developer, who will be a part of one of our four product teams and will be responsible for writing a well-structured, easily comprehensible, and well-documented code, followed by the latest software development practices, such as patterns and anti-patterns, backed by automated tests (PHPUnit). We will always be there to mentor you and help you grow as a professional. We currently use these development tools and technologies: PHP 7.4/8; Symfony; MySQL; Maria DB; ElasticSearch; Redis; Kubernetes; Docker; AWS.
- Be responsible for writing clean, tested and well documented code that delivers value to our customers
- Follow established patterns and approaches within existing code base
- Implement new features and functionalities needed for the company
- Collaborate with team members to complete shared goals and deliver quality code-based solutions
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain our core application and databases
- 2+ years of experience in a PHP programming language and its frameworks (Symfony or Laravel)
- Understanding of OOP principles & good code design
- Experience in writing different type of tests and working with relational databases
- Previous experience in building scalable web applications
- Curiosity to find out how things work
- Not afraid to investigate and find technical solutions to everyday business problems
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills
- Learning budget for your personal and professional growth
- Private health insurance from day one
- Top-notch hardware and software (MacOS or Windows to choose from)
- Work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days per year
- Flat organisational structure and a real opportunity to shape the “big picture”
- Close collaboration with talented, ambitious and cool colleagues
- Kitchen full of snacks and drinks to boost your productivity
- Flexible working hours with remote work opportunities
- Modern, pet-friendly office with collaborative spaces, chill zones, quiet rooms & our own gym
The offered salary range for this position is 3300-5300 € (gross) per month. Please keep in mind that we are also open to discuss your salary expectations based on your competencies and experience.