Assistant Store Manager (ASM) overview:
As an Assistant Store Manager, or Assistant Manager, you are responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the daily business operations of the store. General tasks include supervising employees, communicating with, and helping customers and carrying out directives given by the Store Manager, or in their absence Area Manager.
What you'll be doing at Balfe’s:
- Leading and managing the team within store and providing support to the Store Manager
- Working closely with the Store Manager to continually improve performance and drive KPI's
- Managing the P&L and maximising every sales opportunity
- Orderbook Management:
- Arranging order collections on bikes, parts, accessories, and clothing
- Driving your team to achieve weekly targets through effective orderbook management
- Knowing your orderbook
- Managing ETA’s, updating customers, accurate note taking on orders to maintain excellent customer service.
- Inspiring and motivating your team to deliver excellent customer service
- Coaching and developing your team members in all aspects of their role
- Leading by example and improving your teams selling skills and always looking to offer exceptional customer service.
- Keyholder Responsibility
- Opening/Closing store.
- Cashing up
- Maintain high Health & Safety standards and adhere to all Health & Safety policies.
- Follow all risk assessments and safe systems of work relevant to your role.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.