JOB TITLE Insurance Coordinator
IMMEDIATE MANAGER Senior Insurance Coordinator
The Insurance Coordinator is responsible for the efficient operation of the Insurance procedure.
The Insurance Coordinator reports to the Senior Insurance Coordinator and is responsible for the management of all insurance and insurance claims for the business. The Insurance Coordinator may be required to prepare spreadsheets, reports and correspondence in order to maintain databases and assist in all corporate insurance matters.
- Responsible for all Company insurances (including third party uninsured, contract manager and public liability).
- Handling Trademark Registrations.
- Handling quotes and invoices on the company’s electronic facilities management system.
- Administratively Manage Corporate Insurance for MFG; Property, Computers, Travel, Employers Liability and yearly renewal process.
- Handling Data Protection Registration and assist in complying with GDPR.
2. Maintain Office Records
- Design and maintenance of HQ Operations and Insurance filing systems.
- Ensure filing Insurance systems are maintained and up to date.
- Define procedures for record retention for all Insurance related matters.
- Ensure protection and security of Insurance related files and records as per current regulations.
- Ensure effective transfer of insurance files and records as needed.
- Transfer and dispose of records according to retention schedules and policies.
3. Maintain Office Efficiency
- Plan and implement office and insurance systems
This post is based at MFG head office, with the possibility of hybrid working one day remotely per week. Additional hours may also be required to be worked from time to time over the contracted working hours to ensure that the needs of the business are met.
Main internal contacts of the post are:
- Operations Directors
- CEO, CIO, CFO and COO
- Other Department Directors
- Field Team
- Other Head Office Personnel
The main external contacts of the post are:
- Representative(s) from external insurance and claims companies
- Contract Managers
- Loss Adjusters
The main sources of complexity are:
- Ensuring that customer expectations are met/exceeded in a fast moving/volatile business market.
- Being able to communicate with customers, contract managers, contractors and third party suppliers, Insurers and legal personnel.
- Ensuring all correspondence and evidence is filed securely and keeping accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- An adequate knowledge of the workings of a petrol station forecourt.
- Effective communication skills; verbal, electronic and written.
- Highly computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines.
- Ability to achieve targets whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.