To produce creative led spatial and digital designs for exhibitions and events. To see these designs through from the early conceptual stage through high-end 3D visualisation and complete working drawings to final realisation.
- Taking design briefs from Project Managers.
- Gaining a brand awareness of potential clients as well as keeping up to date with brand developments with existing clients.
- Assess project constraints including budgets (both build and total), build time, existing stock and budgeted design time against client expectations.
- With relevant members of account teams, agree on approaches to presentation content to clients.
- Creatively 'brainstorm' projects with other designers.
- Research materials and construction options with contractors.
- Develop conceptual design approaches for initial planning meetings (layouts of proposed designs as well as mood and material boards).
- Create bespoke high-end 3D visualisations in 3D Studio MAX of design proposals for both still images and walkthrough animations.
- 'Photoshop' these visuals by adding additional effects to help instil a sense of realism.
- Print and mount visual boards for client approval.
- Create sets of working drawings for projects, including: plans, elevations, electrical drawings, floor finish drawings, ceiling and lighting drawings, services drawings, unit details (both design intent drawings and more detailed working drawings) etc.
- Liaise with contractors throughout the design and construction process to ensure both a high build quality and that the final product meets the client's expectations.
- Stay up to date on health & safety legislation and other laws and rules governing construction.
- Stay up to date on developments across a wide range of design disciplines by reading design magazines and books, in order to develop knowledge and creative abilities.
- To work closely with other designers from other design disciplines, in order to achieve harmonious combined end products.
- Manage time effectively throughout projects, ensuring deadlines are always met.
- To demonstrate a broad spectrum of creative diversity independently from the Creative Director.
Applicants need to have relevant design experience and must be competent in space planning, exhibition/environment design, visualisation and creation of detailed production drawings. Knowledge and abilities in 3DS Max and AutoCAD are an advantage, but relevant experience, the right attitude, personality and shared values are more important to us.
We are looking for people who have a passion for design and creativity, but also enjoy variety in their role and take interest in the bigger picture. We always aim to do the right thing by our clients and our people, and encourage individuals to use their initiative, question where necessary and share new ideas. In between creativity and design phases, there will be times for focussing on the production aspects of the job, with opportunities to work closely with production partners, travel and go on-site.
To communicate clearly with clients, co-workers and contractors.
Planning & Organisation
To always keep deadlines and budgets in mind throughout the design process.
To work easily with other parts of the business when working on a shared project.
Work seamlessly with other designers (both 3D and 2D)
Customer & Quality Focused
To be constantly aware of the clients brand and expectations when designing.
To be aware of budgets when designing.
To be aware of changing trends in design and technology.
We would like to talk to people that can work well both individually and as part of a wider team, that have no problem transforming briefs into ideas and solutions. Good organisational and communication skills are essential, as the roles rely on strong teamwork and will offer opportunities for direct contact with clients.
At Rapiergroup, we strive to offer the best management, support and training to meet individual’s needs. We believe that everyone who works here should love what they do, putting their heart and soul into their work. We know that the right individual will thrive with us and can look forward to an exciting and varied career with great opportunities for progression.
We offer a competitive package, believe in a good work-life balance, and offer flexible working in a fun and happy environment. We all share a great sense of humour and look forward to welcoming more like-minded individuals to our team.
You’ll need to live and breathe our core values to be a great fit:
Do the right thing
We do what we say we are going to do and what is expected of us in our roles. We know in our hearts the right thing to do, whatever the situation, and we do it without being asked.
We welcome each other’s ideas and embrace change.
We help each other and have each other’s backs We act as a team and do not leave anyone behind.
We act for the greater good of the company, so everything we say and do is for that purpose and no other. We are no nonsense, straight talking, no fuss, no ego
We approach our days with ‘can do’ attitudes and do our utmost to bring our best self to work every day.