JOB TITLE IT SUPPORT APPRENTICE
IMMEDIATE MANAGER IT & SYSTEMS DIRECTOR
The IT Support Apprentice will learn and put into practice the key skills required for providing technical and specialist system support within the IT/Mobile App team. It is imperative that they are driven, keen to learn and self-motivated with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
MFG will support the Apprentice through the IT solutions technician (level 3) Apprenticeship. This will take approximately 18 months, plus additional time for the EPA.
The IT Support Apprentice reports to the IT & Systems Director, who will strive to assist in the kickstarting of the IT Support Apprentice’s career.
MFG are looking for a driven and self-motivated individual, keen to learn new IT skills and develop themselves in a friendly, customer focused IT support team. The ideal candidate is not afraid of a challenge, and will possess good troubleshooting skills.
The post is based at MFG's Head Office in St. Albans, with hours set at 09:00-17:00, with a one-hour lunch break. Additional hours may also be required to be worked from time to time over the contracted working hours to ensure that needs of the business are met.
- Working as part of a collaborative team to write and develop internal systems
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting internal projects and supporting activities; helping existing staff and other sub-contractors, learning how to provide technical support to clients
- Testing and evaluating code
- Learning how to effectively handle telephone support calls and emails
- Manage the helpdesk system; ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate time scales
- Working on resolving the first line support where capable, and working with more experience staff to help resolve more complex issues, or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
- Updating company systems
- Assisting in projects with a developing focus on DevOps (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines)
- Becoming a valued part and member of the IT & System Support team
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5 GCSE’s in (A*-C/Grade 9-4), including Maths and English, or equivalent
- GCSE, or equivalent in ICT
- Focused mindset with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Natural creative flare, enthusiastic and motivated
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Basic knowledge of SEO – Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager etc.
- Understanding of business principles