Full Time, Permanent
Salary dependent upon experience
PASS sells test and measurement equipment from the World’s leading manufacturers and operates within many market sectors from Electrical, Utilities, Manufacturing to the Public sector and Education. With a passionate team, the product range is growing at a rapid pace. Therefore, we are looking for a talented and dedicated Product Content Writer to join the team and contribute to our ongoing success.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for creating new product content for our eCommerce websites. You will be researching, creating and editing a variety of product content, highlighting unique selling points and features to produce SEO friendly product descriptions that will ultimately sell products.
You will be working closely with the Online Marketing Manager, Product and Purchasing team to produce comprehensive product listings on several websites.
You will have a good command of English, strong copywriter capability and accurate data inputting skills. Your work will help to improve our customer experience, the website traffic and conversions.
- Create a variety of on-brand website content from information that you have gathered from manufacturer brochures, technical spec sheets, manufacturers and other reliable sources from internet research.
- Produce accurate product descriptions that engage and inform the reader.
- Ensure that all content is optimised for search engines.
- Writing META data and descriptions.
- Writing brand page content
- Product Management - this includes;
- - Adding new lines and seasonal offers and ranges.
- - Removing discontinued products and collections.
- - Promotion updates
- - Existing product updates and edits where applicable
Skills and Experience Required
The ability to consume large amounts of technical and unfamiliar information and use it to write cohesive, accurate product descriptions.
- Excellent attention to detail is imperative.
- A very good understanding and working knowledge of websites and SEO.
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel/Word
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Experience of working in an office team environment.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- An organised, structured and detailed approach towards work.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Educated to degree level preferably in an English, Creative Writing or Journalism related subject.
- You will have a good command of English, strong copywriter capability and accurate data inputting skills.