JOB TITLE SENIOR FUEL ANALYST
IMMEDIATE MANAGER FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – FUEL ACCOUNTING
The Senior Fuel Analyst is responsible for assisting with the co-ordination and management of the fuel accounting function including various analytical and month end accounting tasks. The primary responsibility of the individual will to ensure that billings from Fuel companies agree with goods received (inc. pricing) at site level across the MFG network and to ensure the timely and accurate recording of all Fuel deliveries at sites into the MFG’s accounting system.
The role will require the individual to assist in the process of building control through a rapidly growing business and identifying improvements and efficiencies throughout the department. This role will also be involved with assisting in the month end Fuel accounting reconciliation of Fuel stock and posting of various Fuel related accruals.
The Senior Fuel Analyst reports to the Financial Controller – Fuel Accounting and is required to effectively communicate and co-ordinate with senior MFG management, and all other head office departments and personnel.
The Senior Fuel Analyst will assist the Finance Department as required with various ad hoc financial accounting, analytical and reporting tasks. The Senior Fuel Analyst may also be required to assist other departments with financial and administrative activities from time to time.
- Fuel accounting reconciliation.
- Carry month-end and year-end close processes.
- Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts and be responsible for all financial accounting entries and operational queries relating to those areas.
- Management, review and resolution of fuel purchase invoicing queries.
- Reconciliation of fuel delivery data to accounting system.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Support development of best practice.
- Updating policies and procedures as and when required.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required (for accounts and other departments).
The post is based at MFG’s Head office in St. Albans but some business travel may be required from time to time. Additional hours may also be required to be worked from time to time over the contracted working hours to ensure that needs of the business are met.
The main sources of complexity are:
- To co-ordinate workload to achieve complimentary and competing deadlines.
- To ensure that processes are scalable with the expansion of the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree level qualification in an Accounting/STEM subject
- Basic accounting & reconciliation experience.
- Highly computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Experience and exposure to a multi-site environment.
- Effective communication skills; verbal, electronic and written.
- Experience of Netsuite accounting package would be useful but not essential.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines.
- Ability to achieve targets whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Rational decision making.
- Strategic thinking.
- A flexible approach to achieving team priorities and ability to work under tight reporting deadlines.