This exciting position is for an experienced Systems Design Engineer, ideally with a Defence, Industrial or Aerospace background. Working as a key member of the Systems Engineering Team you will be responsible for the design and development of solutions to meet detailed customer requirements, working with other departments as necessary throughout the design cycle from concept to implementation.
You will have the opportunity to put your knowledge and Systems Engineering experience to good use, designing solutions that are both fit for purpose and of the highest quality to meet extensive customer requirements on high profile projects.
This is an important position in a new team; as well as the Systems Engineering perspective, there is also the potential to have direct input to the tailoring of internal processes and systems that will be developed as the Systems Engineering Team grows.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with the Systems Engineering Team to:
· Evaluate and interpret project technical requirements to develop concept architectures / designs
· Design and develop hardware solutions, from concept through to qualification / implementation / integration
· Ensure all customer requirements are met throughout the development process, to demonstrate fulfilment of Verification and Validation activities
· Support the development of test strategies and plans for formal qualification testing (including shock, vibration, EMC, Safety etc.)
· Produce and maintain any required design documentation
· Play an active role in key milestone events such as Design Reviews, both internal and customer facing
· Support the build of initial prototypes / qualification systems
Other General Duties:
· Supporting other Systems Engineering Team members with design information as required
· Knowledge of Project, Systems Engineering and Business lifecycles, with an understanding of Engineering activities at each stage of the lifecycle
· Provide support, as required, to other areas of the Business
· Work with external
suppliers and manufacturers; maintaining strong working relationships