Who are we?
Effortel Technologies SA (Network Management Innovations) is a leading Mobile Virtual Network Enabler based in Brussels, Belgium, with R&D facilities in Sofia, Plovdiv, and Belgrade, currently employing more than 100 IT professionals.
We enjoy a steady growth in scope and operations by providing our own products and services across Europe, the Middle East and Africa to Mobile Virtual Network Operators. Our platform provides complete product flexibility in terms of standard and value-added mobile services like Voice, SMS, mobile data, order management, billing, and many more.
Our writers create client-facing user documentation for the Effortel Enterprise Mobile Solution Product. Our work integrates the acumen for writing precise instructions with the creativity and telecom knowledge necessary to write tangible, benefit-focused materials. You will interact with business analysts and developers at all levels of the company and drive the scope and direction of documentation deliverables. Sitting within UX Design, we have a keen focus on the discoverability of our product and collaborating towards client-focused solutions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Produces high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Builds engaging, benefit-focused material with excellent attention to detail and strong content organization
- Independently gathers information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write necessary documentation. Obtains a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Works with product, sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets requirements
- Manages updates to technical literature. Evaluates existing and potential content and develop innovative approaches for improvement, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments, as well as universal specifications relevant to their industry
Key requirements for the role:
- 2+ years of confirmed experience taking a creative approach to engaging, benefit-based content
- Ability to take complex, technical information and simplify it into accurate, user-friendly documentation for readers that might not have technical background
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, as well as experience with online authoring tools and content management systems, preferably Confluence
- Proficient at using various document templates and styles
- Experience in developing documentation related to integration, web services, and APIs is a big plus
- Strong information systems and technical background is a big plus
- Experience with tools such as Visio, Inkscape, or CorelDRAW is a plus
- Strong proficiency with English writing and grammar usage
Personal skills and qualities:
- A responsible, detail-oriented person, able to prioritize and multi-task workload
- A motivated team-player interested in knowledge-sharing and growing as a technical professional
What we offer:
- Excellent working environment and office location, massive on the job coaching and experience boost, training, and a career path in an award-winning international IT company
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Additional health insurance package for employees and their children
- Corporate SIM card and phone
- Access to Team buildings, key conferences, internal and external trainings
- Additional social bonuses as per company policy and culture — compliments on personal occasions, range of discounts, various social events
Interested in moving forward with your technical writing career and expertise? Send us your CV and let’s talk about our future.
All candidates and provided personal information will be treated with strict confidentiality.