The Coordinator, Sedation for British Columbia College of Oral Health Professionals (BCCOHP) reports to the Manager, Sedation, GA, & Non-Hospital Dental Facilities and is responsible for ensuring continued compliance for registrants providing sedation and general anesthesia services. This position coordinates and reviews assessments; financial activities; and supports the development of communication, preliminary reports, assessment processes and tools, and data collection for the Sedation Program.
This position is an in-office position, however, if the successful candidate has a personal computer, there is flexibility for a hybrid work arrangement.
- Respond to inquiries regarding sedation and general anesthesia services from sedation facilities and registrants.
- Prepare reports, documents, and presentations for Sedation & GA Committee, the Board, and oral health professionals.
- Collaborate with Committee and the Communications Department in the production of Sedation and General Anesthesia reports and publications.
- Identify and report potential issues and risks to Manager, Sedation, GA and Non-Hospital Dental Facilities.
- Collect data from assessment processes for the purposes of review, synthesis, qualitative and quantitative/statistical analysis of data, leading to the development of reports indicating significant trends.
- Maintain up-to-date databases related to Sedation Program.
- Train administrative assistants.
- Support and facilitate renumeration of facility assessors.
- Assist with Program’s finance and budget.
- Assist with Sedation Program projects.
- Identify, analyze, and track outstanding assessments and program issues.
- Support development of assessor protocols and assessment tools.
- Assist in the continuous development and maintenance of assessment methodologies processes and tools.
- Conduct research as assigned.
- Review and facilitate activities related to facility self-assessments and Registration of Qualifications applications.
- Liaise with registrants and facility staff to ensure all required information is submitted and review rectifications.
- Attend Sedation & GA Committee Meetings and record minutes.
- Coordinate meetings of the Sedation & General Anesthesia Committee and preparation of meeting packages.
- Provide administrative support to Manager, Sedation, GA, & Non-Hospital Dental Facilities.
- Book travel and accommodation for facility assessors and Sedation & General Anesthesia Committee members as required.
- Order catering for meetings as required.