JOB TITLE GREGGS AREA MANAGER
IMMEDIATE MANAGER GREGGS & PIZZA HUT BRAND MANAGER
This role holds two main responsibilities where you will be accountable for the pre-opening training and support for new store openings with our franchise brand partners, alongside the ongoing support to ensure stores are compliant to franchisor regulations.
As a Greggs Area Manager, you will work hand in hand with the contract managers to ensure brand regulations are adhered to. You will also be responsible for the regular follow up visits to sites and franchisor audits and actions to ensure all stores remain in compliance.
- Fully understand and comply with your brands franchisor regulations, ensuring that site teams are fully trained to deliver.
- Manage franchisor regulated training & development programmes.
- Oversee training of Managers & Contract Managers in franchise brands planning training & attendance of courses.
- Implement brand training matrix and update with monthly dashboard per site for area.
- Conduct monthly visits to open stores to appraise compliance to brand standards and training.
- Follow up on brand audits with contract managers, visiting sites out of compliance & working with Greggs & Pizza Hut Brand Manager to bring store back into compliance.
- Understanding the retail & forecourt operation and how this works alongside food services.
- Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in MFG and franchise brands.
- Attend & present in monthly team meetings held at Head Office.
- Assist with the planning and recruitment for new store openings.
- You will be expected to cover other Greggs Area Managers/Brand Managers as and when the business requires.
The post is field based and requires extensive travel to MFG sites around the UK. Additional hours may be required to be worked, exceeding the contracted working hours, from time to time to ensure that the business meets and exceeds customer requirements.
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY AND DECISION-MAKING
The post holder is required to make decisions on their areas of responsibility.
The post holder has a limit for revenue expenditure and capital expenditure as per the Delegation of Authority.
Main internal contacts of the post are:
- Greggs & Pizza Hut Brand Manager
- Retail Director
- Non-Fuel Director
- Food Service Director
- Subway/Costa FoTG Area Managers
- Regional Managers / Area Retail Managers
- Accounts Department
- Other Head Office Personnel
The main external contacts of the post are:
- Representative(s) from external suppliers (Greggs)
- Contract Managers
The main sources of complexity are:
- Ensuring that customer expectations are met/exceeded in a fast moving/volatile business market.
- Being able to communicate with customers, contract managers, contractors and third-party suppliers.
- Improving business efficiency in an economic challenging period.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of team
- Ability to control process for delivery of excellent service
- Understanding of relevant legislations
- Minimum Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Minimum 2 years in QSR at Managerial level