APC Ltd is an award-winning science and technology driven biopharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top 10 pharma and 5 of the top 10 biotech firms in the world, and we continue to grow.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised bioprocess engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, process design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
About the team
Department: Technical Operations
Reports to: Small Molecule Business Unit Director
Our Engineering team comprises of highly qualified, capable, and welcoming colleagues. We support our clients by delivering world class pharmaceutical process research and development to accelerate the delivery of quality, life-changing medicines to the patient across a wide range of therapeutic areas. Now more than ever the opportunities are greater as technology enhances our capability to make a real difference to patients.
Our team vision is to enhance the process development experience for our clients in a dynamic and cross-collaborative environment, with application of best-in-class chemical engineering techniques, workflows, and technologies.
If you are looking to further your career in a cutting-edge dynamic, creative, and patient focussed environment then APC is for you.
- Lead the technical function, including the team of technical personnel, to ensure delivery of excellent science to all projects
- Lead people in line with the values of APC and develop people within the function so that they can deliver excellent science to all projects
- Identify the resource needs for the function and assist recruiting of those personnel
- On-board new personnel and integrate them speedily to be effective in APC
Deliver the functions capability to successfully complete of projects to targets
- Ensure functional delivery to Projects/APC business through proactive people resourcing to projects and (in partnership with Technical Leads) ongoing monitoring of functional performance within projects (including escalation/resolution/prioritisation of issues)
- Proactively responsible for functions technical delivery across all projects
- In partnership with Technical Leads and CTO, develop and implement improvements to functional capability and excellence
- Ensure functional equipment scheduling to projects incl prioritisation
- Owns business case for Capex, and develop same in partnership with Technical Leads
- Jointly responsible with other leads, for cross-functional communication and partnership to deliver projects
Set the culture/tone, ensure standards are maintained, support business processes
- Set and maintain the Safety and Quality culture of the function
- Act as footprint owner for assigned areas, assign equipment owners and ensure tasks done
- Support commercial activities
- Implement improvements
- Influence business processes
· PhD in relevant function OR
· BSc/MSc in relevant function.
- Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience in technical management (if PhD qualified); or
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience in technical management (if Masters qualified)
Skills & Knowledge
- Evidenced track record in technical management of pharmaceutical process design projects.
- Experience in mentoring and developing team member’s skills and overseeing training programmes.
- Technical experience in the functions such as process chemistry, chemical engineering, crystallization, analytics, PAT, process modelling, DoE, QbD, continuous processing and designing scale-up strategies for pharmaceutical processes.
- Proven track record in internal and external technical communication.
- Excellent collaborative leadership and people management style
- Passion for the function and commitment to the success of APC
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with an ability to prioritise and to meet set deadlines
How to apply:
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business 22nd September 2023
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.