JOB TITLE INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER (FUEL)
IMMEDIATE MANAGER HEAD OF INFRASTRUCTURE (SERVICES & PROJECTS)
Maximise efficiencies of revenue generating assets including development of appropriate reporting.
The Infrastructure Manager will assist in the management and performance of Motor Fuel Groups:
- Maintenance & Repair
- Third Party Relationships
- Third Party Revenue Streams
- Facility Management System Control
- Invoice Approvals
- Project Management (Regional & National as required)
- Quality Control
- Assist Head of Valeting as required
- Health & Safety (emphasis on contractor safety)
Under the supervision of the Group Infrastructure & Services Manager:
- Designing and preparing reports
- Contractor relationship, Contractor Safety performance management and quality control review
- Permit issuance & Approval of RAMS, contractor auditing
- Ownership of Regional sites operational, regulatory compliance reports ensuring completion and action of significant tasks.
- Fairbanks Site audits
- Periodical electrical inspections
- Vapour recovery
- DSEAR in association with operations dept.
- Asbestos surveys
- Management of national projects as allocated by GID
- Administration of FM system
- Identifying and maximising Third Party Income opportunities
- Conduct senior manager visits as per company schedule
- Liaison with Operations and Administration to assist in timely and appropriate resolution of customer enquiries and insurance matters.
- To support and carry out duties as instructed from time to time from the relevant line manager(s)
Under the supervision of the Group Infrastructure Director:
- Maintenance Budgets circa £1,750,000 per annum
- Development Projects circa £800,000 per annum
Working with key stakeholders in the organisation.
This is a field-based position however the role will involve travel. Duties will require nights away from home and the Infrastructure Manager will be required to attend various management meetings and group sales meetings.
Weekend national cover on a rota basis for emergency response.
Petrol stations operating in a highly competitive ‘price driven’ market dominated by the supermarkets and major oil companies.
Framework & Boundaries
- Ensure all Contract Maintenance and Maintenance Contractors work to agreed HSE requirements.
- Ensure all significant works are effectively managed.
- Improve Quality Control Management in all MFG assets.
- Support Manager, HSE with company integrated management systems.
- Support an effective purchase order and Contractor Management system.
- Support effective reporting of all Maintenance and Development activities across all stakeholders.
To ensure all relevant revenue streams are managed and developed, costs are minimised and revenue is maximised on allocated responsibilities (which may vary) across the MFG estate.
To liaise with the Area Managers and Regional Managers as required through contact by phone and email, one to one meetings , conference calls and regional meetings
Have contact by phone and email, regular one to one meetings ,with the Group Infrastructure Director as required.
Contact the relevant Director at any time for advice on any day to day operational and other issues.
Within the Company:
Liaise with all relevant head office departments as and when necessary in order to resolve any operational or other issues.
Outside the Company:
To liaise with suppliers and ensure procedures are adhered to.
To work with Third Party and outside agencies as required.
To liaise with Fuel Suppliers, Contractors where necessary.
To attend review meetings and work committees as required.
To operate effectively and efficiently and achieve given objectives within given time deadlines.
To have positive productive working relationships with all relevant Executives, Directors and Third Party suppliers/contractors, Regional and Area Retail Managers.
Desire for continuous improvement.
Mileage likely to exceed 40,000 miles per year.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- A good understanding of the MFG business model.
- Experience of working in both the forecourt and retail sectors.
- Experience of project management.
- Some H&S experience.
- IT skills and excel knowledge
- General commercial awareness.
- High self-motivation and discipline, strong work ethics and ability to prioritise duties.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to influence and engage.
- A good communicator with all audiences and levels.
- A good level of numeracy and attention to detail.