BCCOHP is seeking a permanent, full-time Payroll & Benefits Specialist to join our Finance, IT & Operations team. This position will report to the Executive Director, Finance, IT & Operations.
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is responsible for providing excellent service to cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that payroll and benefits programs are delivered in an accurate and timely manner. As the primary point of contact on payroll and benefit matters, this individual will exercise critical and forward-thinking skills in order to ensure BCCOHP’s payroll processes are operating at maximum efficiency.
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is to remain compliant with all regulatory bodies while information remains confidential by adhering to legal and ethical standards. The individual must also demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity, trust, and confidence.
This position is an in-office position, however, if the successful candidate has a personal computer, there is flexibility for a hybrid work arrangement.
- Administer all aspects of the payroll process in an accurate and timely manner.
- Archive payroll reports, prepare payroll reconciliation and journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual payroll and benefits budget and quarterly forecast.
- Monitor, analyze and report on any payroll and benefits expense variances against budget.
- Process payroll onboarding documentation and integrate to HR/payroll system.
- Administer and manage all group benefits plans from set-up to termination.
- Administer and process the self-administered dental benefits plan.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly RRSP contribution payments, dental plan premium and group health insurance premium payments.
- Assist with the annual group benefits plan renewal.
- Work with external benefits consultant to set up information sessions regarding any changes or updates to the group benefits plan.
- Prepare WorksafeBC payroll reports and calculate and remit WCB quarterly payments and annual filing.
- Review and analyze Employer Health Tax (EHT) quarterly remittance payments by PayWorks and prepare annual EHT filing and payment reconciliation.
- Assist with the preparation and ensure accuracy of T4, T4A, and T4A-NR.
- Update payroll data tracking for each staff member.
- Work with the HR Generalist to ensure Sage HR paid time off is accurate.
- Prepare and file Record of Employment (ROE).
- Assist with periodic compensation and benefits analysis.
- Provide back-up for the Accounting Officer and Accounts Receivable Coordinator as required.
- Other financial/accounting duties as required.