JOB TITLE RECONCILIATIONS ANALYST
IMMEDIATE MANAGER RECONCILIATIONS MANAGER
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
The Reconciliations Analyst works in a fast paced team and is responsible for the accurate reconciliation and review of various Sales Ledgers and Bank accounts within the business.
The Reconciliations Analyst reports to the Reconciliations Manager and is required to effectively communicate and co-ordinate with Fuel companies, Credit Card companies, other Card Acquirers, Regional Managers, Accounts Department, senior MFG management, and all other head office departments and personnel.
The Reconciliations Analyst will assist the accounts department as required with various ad hoc financial accounting, analytical and reporting tasks. The Reconciliations Analyst may also be required to assist other departments with financial and administrative activities from time to time.
Using previous reconciliations experience it is expected that the Reconciliations Analyst will be able to identify problems before they develop and suggest workable solutions.
- To reconcile high volume Sales Ledger & Bank Accounts for various credit card Sales Ledger Accounts
- To liaise with fuel companies, credit card companies and processing agencies, proactively resolving any differences
- To liaise with Site Managers and Systems teams with respect to resolving queries and processing manual and missing vouchers
- To cover for other members of the reconciliations team and perform other duties as required by Managers or Finance Directors
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- A good understanding of accounting reconciliation techniques
- Advanced Excel and accounts package experience, ideally with NetSuite experience
- Experience of analysing and controlling large volumes of data
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to achieve targets whilst maintaining accuracy
- Effective communication skills; verbal, electronic and written
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Analytical and investigative approach, desire to resolve issues
- Excellent numeracy skills
- A flexible approach to achieving team priorities
- Desirable - AAT