JOB TITLE SALES LEDGER CLERK
IMMEDIATE MANAGER SALES LEDGER MANAGER
The Sales Ledger Clerk will be part of a small team responsible for the Contract Manager (Franchisee) Sales Ledger for Motor Fuel Group (MFG).
Reporting to the Sales Ledger Supervisor they will be required to raise invoices and credit notes to/from Contract Managers for various operating charges, organise payment collection via direct debit, reconcile and manage Sales Ledger accounts and answer customer queries.
The Sales Ledger Clerk will also assist the Accounts Department, as required, with various ad hoc financial accounting, analytical and reporting tasks. They may also be required to assist other departments with financial and administrative activities from time to time.
Using previous Sales Ledger experience it is expected that the Sales Ledger Clerk will be able to identify problems before they develop and suggest workable solutions.
- To issue Invoices and Credit Notes to Site Contract Managers, for the cost of various goods and services across over 900+ sites.
- To collect regular payments via Direct Debit.
- To reconcile the Contract Manager Sales Ledger Accounts, preparing any corrective journals as necessary.
- To resolve queries raised by the Contract Manager Network.
- To identify potential problems / issues and take appropriate action to mitigate risk.
- To perform other ad hoc duties as required (for accounts and other departments).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum 1 year of finance experience.
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Highly computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and finance packages such as Netsuite or Oracle.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines.
- Ability to achieve targets whilst maintaining accuracy, highly numerate.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A good eye for detail and a pride in their work done.
- A flexible approach to achieving team priorities.