JOB TITLE EV Project Manager
IMMEDIATE MANAGER Group Infrastructure Director
As part of Motor Fuel Groups (MFG) future fuels strategy, MFG plan to undertake an ambitious electric vehicle charger (EV) install program.
The EV Project Manager will manage a multiple of EV Installations within the forecourt boundary which will involve working closely with numerous third party pre-approved contractors. The EV Project Manager will be managing several installs at any one time which may be in various locations across the UK.
The EV Project Manager will be managing the contractors assigned to each install to ensure that project costs are controlled, and completion dates achieved.
Under the supervision of the immediate line manager.
• Full construction management of multiple national projects as allocated.
• Responsibility of project delivery to an agreed scope an budget and delivered within an agreed time scale.
• Ensuring compliance with all H.S.E CDM responsibilities, Blue book and building regulations.
• The EV Project Manager role begins once a project enters detailed design stage, post planning permission but is subject to variation from time to time.
• Before commencement, responsible in ensuring any compliance factors and/ or planning conditions are discharged and adhered too.
• Liaise with local authorities, Principal Contractors, Principal Designers to also include petroleum officers & MFG’s prime authority partner.
• Contractor relationship, Contractor Safety performance management and quality control reviews and audits.
• Project contractor allocation and selection.
• Production, management and coordination of a ‘Construction Design Plan’
• Review and challenge contractor programs’ to minimize any site interruption
• Liaise with all relevant internal departments for each EV installation
• Complete Pre-Start Meetings with all stakeholders.
• Complete regular site visits throughout the build(s).
• Manage and engage the contractors and internal stakeholders to ensure key project milestones are met
• Identifying and maximising all cost opportunities and reducing any downtime
• Approval of RAMS, Contractor auditing & Permit Issuing
• Administration of FM system
• Monitor and track post project site snagging
• To support and carry out duties as instructed from time to time from the relevant line manager(s)
Under the supervision of the immediate Line manager:
- Development Projects circa £800,000 per install
Working with key stakeholders in the organisation.
This is a field-based position the role will involve extensive travel. Duties will require nights away from home and the EV Project Manager will be required to attend various management meetings and strategy meetings with the wider EV and Infrastructure team.
Home based Infrastructure weekend national cover on a Rota basis.
Petrol stations operating in a highly competitive ‘price driven’ market dominated by the supermarkets and major oil companies.
Framework & Boundaries
• Ensure all contract maintenance and maintenance contractors work to agreed HSE and other standard requirements.
• Ensure all significant works are effectively managed.
• Improve Quality Control Management in all MFG assets.
• Support Manager, HSE with company integrated management systems.
• Support an effective purchase order and contractor management system.
• Support effective reporting of all maintenance and development activities across all stakeholders.
To ensure all relevant revenue streams are managed and developed, costs are minimised and revenue is maximised on allocated responsibilities (which may vary) across the MFG estate.
To liaise with all members as needed of the Infrastructure, Operations, Fuels and Developments teams as required through contact by phone, email, one to one meeting, conference calls.
Have contact by phone and email, regular one to one meeting, with the Line Management.
Contact the relevant Head of Department or Director at any time for advice on any day to day operational and other issues.
Within the Company:
Liaise with all relevant head office departments as and when necessary in order to resolve any operational or other issues.
Outside the Company:
To liaise with stake holders such as contractors where necessary.
To attend review meetings and work committees as required.
To operate effectively and efficiently and achieve given objectives within given time deadlines.
To promote positive & productive working relationships with all Motor Fuel Group employees
Desire for continuous improvement with a hard-working ethic.
Mileage likely to exceed 40,000 miles per year.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience of EV Infrastructure
• Experience of EV installations within a petrol forecourt environment
• Experience of project management.
• Knowledge / awareness of the Blue Book Guidance, building and CDM regulations
• H&S experience.
• IT skills and excel knowledge
• General commercial awareness.
• High self-motivation and discipline, strong work ethic and ability to prioritise duties.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to influence and engage.
• A good communicator with all audiences and levels.
• A good level of numeracy and attention to detail.