- CVs and covering letters should not be sent with this form. Any CVs and covering letters received will be ignored for the purposes of selection.
- The completed typed application form (not handwritten) should be uploaded below. If you have any difficulties using this form, please contact Matt Coleman, Practice Manager at [email protected].
- We plan to recruit two Trainee Solicitors to start in September 2022 and two Trainee Solicitors to start in September 2023. Any job offer made will be subject to you having as at 1 September in the year that you are due to start:
- obtained a degree with at least Upper Second Class honours,
- passed the Legal Practice Course,
- the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications), and
- to you not having as at 1 September in that year any unspent criminal convictions nor having been made bankrupt.
- Trainee Solicitor salaries as at September 2020 were £22,000 for first-year trainees and £23,000 for second-year trainees. They are likely to higher by September 2022.
- Our Trainee Solicitors usually carry out a programme of training which sees them spend 6 months in at least 3 different departments. This is designed to ensure that each Trainee learns about the full range of work carried out by Actons as well as helping them understand how we aim to help our clients succeed by providing excellent legal services delivered through focusing on our core values of teamwork, client focus, innovation and integrity.
Trainee Solicitors: 2022 & 2023
The deadline for submitting your application form, using the form below, is 5 pm on Wednesday 31 March 2021. Forms received after this time may not be considered.
We will let you know by 26 April 2021 if you have progressed to stage two.
Stage two is a written exercise which will be sent to you on 29 April 2021 and require you to submit a written answer by 5 May 2021.
Stage three is an assessment day consisting of individual interviews, a short presentation on a topic provided on the day to the interview panel and a networking lunch providing you with the opportunity to meet some of our directors.
At this stage, we are hoping that we will be able to hold this as a face-to-face event at our offices. In the event that Government restrictions due to the coronavirus pandemic prevent us from doing this, we will revert to an online assessment instead.
We have reserved three dates for the assessment day - on 23, 24 and 25 June 2021 and we will let you know by 1 June 2021 whether you have been chosen to attend and upon which date.