JOB TITLE HR Manager
IMMEDIATE MANAGER Managing Director, Roberts garages (dotted line to HR Director, MFG)
Salary £40,000 to £50,000 DOE
Competitive benefits plus discounted fuel.
This role will be part of the Roberts garages team and will provide the full spectrum of HR services to support the company’s strategic and operational aims as it continues with its rapid growth. The role will suit someone who likes to work in a fast paced environment, who builds relationships with all types of people easily and would like the opportunity to shape the HR department. Roberts Garages Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Motor fuel Group (MFG).
- Ensure employment law compliance across all sites including continued maintenance of accurate employee records and policies in line with legislation and fit for purpose for the size of the organisation.
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment process including attraction, selection, appropriate compensation and contractual documentation and the new starter inductions and leaving process.
- Responsibility for the company maintaining a cost effective but competitive compensation strategy inclusive appropriate benefit provision including overseeing accurate monthly payroll input in a timely manner.
- Implementation and ongoing operation of appropriate performance reviews to drive better performance across the business.
- Partnering with the area managers to ensure comprehensive employee training, development and succession planning.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation, to include leading on any TUPE, restructuring, organisational design, change management and culture processes and initiatives.
- Manage all aspects of employee relations in a way which balances limiting risk to the organisation and commercial business needs.
- Optimal choice, implementation and usage of appropriate HR tools for the scale and scope of the company.
- HR Reporting and Analytics to inform business decisions.
- Employee Engagement.
- Employee communications.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- HR Qualification would be advantageous.
- Proven HR generalist management experience at both strategic and operational levels.
- Comfortable and happy with performing all levels of HR work.
- Thorough, up to date knowledge of employment law.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Proven ability to take and implement tough decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a retail environment would be a distinct advantage.